MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
We are committed to providing timely and exceptional care to our patients. Unfortunately, when one patient cancels without giving enough notice, they prevent another patient from being seen. Please call reception at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment for any changes or cancellations. To change or cancel a Monday appointment, please call us before 12:00pm on Friday.
If prior notification is not given, there will be a $50.00 charge missed appointments or appointments cancelled without enough notice.
INSURANCE INFORMATION AND PAYMENTS
M.D. in-person consultation, comprehensive new-patient $385
M.D. in-person consultation, standard return $210-275
M.D. Tele-medicine or Zoom Consultation $210-275
New patient visits with a medical doctor may run up to an hour but are not based on time. If it has been three (3) years or more since your last visit, you will be considered a new patient and charged accordingly. Doctors may not be able to prescribe testing or prescriptions across state lines for telemedicine and Zoom appointments, some limitations apply. For rates on other services and procedures, please contact reception at (949) 600-5100.
Payment is due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, check, most major credit cards and Care Credit as forms of payment.
MEDICARE AND INSURANCE COVERAGE
The Institute for Progressive Medicine is not currently contracted with any private medical insurance and we cannot bill Medicare for services received at IPM.
Most of our laboratory testing, is run by an outside laboratory that is contracted with almost all major medical insurance companies and Medicare, so labs will generally be covered by your insurance company.
If you have private PPO insurance coverage, we will be happy to provide you with a superbill that you may submit to your insurance company to seek reimbursement for services received at IPM. Due to contractual obligations with Medicare, we cannot provide superbills with CPT and diagnosis codes to patients with Medicare.
SPECIAL SENIOR/MEDICARE DISCOUNT
We offer a special 10% senior discount for some covered services that would normally be covered by Medicare. This discount is offered to all patients over the age of 65 or for anyone who has Medicare as their primary form of insurance. The discount Includes 10% OFF the regular price for new patient visits and return patient visits with a medical doctor. Please contact reception for more information.
Currently we are not able to offer any payment plans (in-house financing) or billing to pay later for services. Our office does not have an active billing department, billing staff members or a method to track and remind patients about payments. For this reason, we must rely on patients to bring their own financing for medical services. Payment is due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, check, most major credit cards and Care Credit as forms of payment.
OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS
We have partnered with Parasail and CareCredit to offer payment plans for medical services. Unlike credit cards, Parasail offers fixed interest rate loans based on your financial information with no fees. CareCredit is used by over 10 million card holders and offers special financing options to patients.
Please click on the Links below to apply.
Fees And Billing
All outside laboratory testing is payable directly to the company performing the test. Fees vary depending on specific tests ordered by your doctor. Labs are generally contracted with all major medical insurance companies.
YOUR IV APPOINTMENT
Thank you for trusting IPM for your nutritional IV therapy. We strive to offer the best, most professional service possible. We make every effort to maintain our schedule. However, we experience delays from time to time based on the needs of each patient and the responsibilities our nurses have to maintain proper protocol. For this reason, we ask that you allow extra time in your schedule for our nursing staff to begin and complete your IV treatment. Thank you very much for your patience.
Before and/or During Your IV Therapy:
1. Stay hydrated before receiving any IV infusion, especially if a nurse or doctor has had difficulty accessing your veins in the past. Drink two eight-ounce glasses of water before you arrive for your IV therapy. Avoid drinks containing caffeine. Caffeine has a diuretic effect and can cause vasoconstriction, making it harder for the nurse to effectively access your vein.
2. Eat before each chelation or vitamin infusion. Chelation and vitamin drips or pushes may lower your blood sugar, which can cause stomach upset. Eating a healthy meal well before, and snacking during your treatment will eliminate problems caused by reduced blood sugar. It is not necessary to eat before glutathione, phosphatidylcholine or P-K infusions.
3. Continue to take all vitamins and prescription medications prescribed by your doctor during the course of your IV therapy. Chelation may remove some beneficial vitamins and minerals; we recommend that you wait six hours after your chelation infusion is over to take your supplements. To replace trace minerals that may be removed along with toxic metals, it is essential that you supplement daily with trace minerals when receiving chelation therapy. Trace minerals are available in our supplement store.
4. Maintain a healthy lifestyle before, during and after your IV treatment. This includes a healthy diet recommended by your doctor, exercise and rest. If you have any questions, please ask your doctor.
5. Maintain a relaxing environment. Please remember that the IV room is a group treatment space and that some topics of conversation may not be appropriate for a group setting. Please do not engage in conversation that may be upsetting or stressful for other patients who are receiving IV therapy and refrain from asking others about their personal medical conditions.
6. You must make an appointment for IV therapy. Please make sure to call reception each time you would like to come in for IV therapy. All IV treatments require a properly scheduled appointment so that we may provide the best service for each patient. Please call the front desk at (949) 600-5100 to make your appointment or for any cancellations or changes.
7. Physician appointments are required. All patients must have a visit with an IPM doctor once a year (or when a medical situation requires care) to continue to receive IV therapy. This policy ensures every patient continues to receive the appropriate care, prescription medication, lab testing and other direction that is impossible without a proper physician visit. If you have any questions about chelation therapy or any of our other IV infusions, please ask the nurse or your doctor.
YOUR ECP APPOINTMENT
Before Your ECP Treatment:
1. Arrive 10–15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
2. Take all medications as ordered.
3. Eat a light meal before your visit. Do not eat or drink (except for medication) for an hour before treatment.
4. Choose clothing that is easy to change. Men should wear jockey shorts and women should wear form-fitting underwear. Wear short socks. Wear a loose, comfortable top with an open neck. We will have blankets and pillows available for your comfort.
5. You may bring music to listen to (iPod, or similar with headphones) a book or tablet to read during your treatment.
6. In order to receive the maximum benefit from ECP therapy, we recommend that you do not skip treatments or take breaks between treatments.
7. You must have an advance appointment to receive ECP therapy. Our ECP technician handles all ECP appointments. Please call 949.600.5100 for any cancellations or changes to your schedule.
YOUR 10-PASS APPOINTMENT
It is very important to be well-hydrated before receiving a 10-pass treatment. If you are not properly hydrated, blood will not flow easily through the catheter and tubing and may actually clot despite the use of heparin, a blood thinner. If you are not well hydrated you may not be able to achieve the full 10 passes of ozone. Please drink eight 16-ounce containers of water at room temperature over at least 4 hours prior to your 10-pass treatment. Additionally, make sure to drink plenty of water for several days before your treatment.
YOUR ULTRASOUND APPOINTMENT
If you have any questions, contact the medical assistants at IPM by calling (949)-600-5100.
Back, Neck and Joint Ultrasound (MSK)
Musculoskeletal ultrasound studies are done to assess the health of a joint or soft tissue associated with a joint. MSK ultrasound may also be used during an ultrasound guided injection as performed by a physician. Usually there is no prior preparation needed for an MSK ultrasound. Please follow any recommendations given to you by the doctor before your scheduled appointment time.
An abdominal ultrasound study is ordered to check the gallbladder, liver, pancreas, biliary tree, spleen or other upper abdominal structures. Please do not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours before your scheduled examination time. Small amounts of clear, non-carbonated liquids such as black coffee, apple juice, water, or jello are allowable up to 1 hour before your exam.
Pelvic or obstetrical ultrasound studies are ordered on female patients to check the pelvic area and to examine the uterus and ovaries. This study may also be ordered on males or females to look for masses in the pelvic area. A full bladder is required for this examination. Please drink at least one quart of water and have it finished at least one hour before your scheduled examination time. Do not urinate before your examination.
Abdominal and Pelvic Ultrasound
If these studies are to be done together, please do not have anything to eat for 8 hours before your scheduled examination time. A full bladder is required for this examination. Please drink at least one quart of water and have it finished at least one hour before your scheduled examination time. Do not urinate until after the pelvic ultrasound portion of your examination.
Renal ultrasound studies are ordered to check the kidneys for size, cysts, masses, or other kidney related issues. Please eat a light meal and drink plenty of fluids before your scheduled examination. You may use the restroom as necessary before your examination.
Renal and Abdominal Ultrasound
If these studies are to be done together, please do not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours before your scheduled examination time. Small amounts of clear, non-carbonated liquids such as black coffee, apple juice, water, or jello are allowable up to 1 hour before your exam.
Renal and Pelvic Ultrasound
If these studies are to be done together, a full bladder is required for the pelvic portion of the examination. Please drink at least one quart of water and have it finished at least one hour before your scheduled examination time. Do not urinate before your examination.
Thyroid, Breast, Scrotum, Other Superficial Ultrasound
Ultrasound studies for these areas do not require any special preparation before your exam.
Vascular Ultrasound and Echocardiograms
These ultrasound studies are ordered to check the health of the heart or vascular system. No preparation is necessary before your scheduled examination time.
If you have any questions about ultrasound studies at IPM, please contact a medical assistant at (949)-600-5100.
You’ll need Adobe Reader – Download it here:
If it has been over a year since your last visit, you will be required to schedule an appointment with your doctor to receive a prescription refill.