MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
INSURANCE INFORMATION AND PAYMENTS
M.D. consultation (comprehensive new patient visit) $350 – $395
M.D. consultation (standard return visit) $180 – $200
New patient visits with a medical doctor may run up to an hour but are not based on time. If it has been three (3) years or more since your last visit, you will be considered a new patient and charged accordingly. For rates on other services and procedures, please contact reception at 949.600.5100.
Payment is due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, check, most major credit cards and Care Credit as forms of payment.
MEDICARE AND INSURANCE COVERAGE
The Institute for Progressive Medicine is currently a contracted provider for any private medical insurance and we cannot bill Medicare for services received at IPM.
Most of our laboratory
If you have private PPO insurance coverage, we will be happy to provide you with a superbill that you may submit to your insurance company to seek reimbursement for services received at IPM.
SPECIAL SENIOR DISCOUNT
Beginning January 1,
OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS
We have partnered with Parasail and CareCredit to offer payment plans for medical services. Unlike credit cards, Parasail offers fixed interest rate loans based on your financial information with no fees. CareCredit is used by over 10 million card holders and offers special financing options to patients.
Please click on the Links below to apply.
Quality and Licensing
Our in-house medical laboratory is fully licensed by the California Department of Public Health and accredited by the Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA).
YOUR IV APPOINTMENT
Before Your IV Therapy
1. Stay hydrated before receiving any IV infusion, especially if a nurse or doctor has had difficulty accessing your veins in the past. Drink two eight-ounce glasses of water before you arrive for your IV therapy. Avoid drinks containing caffeine. Caffeine has a diuretic effect and can cause vasoconstriction, making it harder for the nurse to effectively access your vein.
2. Eat before each chelation or vitamin infusion. Chelation and vitamin drips or pushes may lower your blood sugar, which can cause stomach upset. Eating a healthy meal well before, and snacking during your treatment will eliminate problems caused by reduced blood sugar.
It is not necessary to eat before glutathione, plaquex or P-K infusions.
3. Continue to take all vitamins and prescription medications prescribed by your doctor during the course of your IV therapy. Chelation may remove some beneficial vitamins and minerals; we recommend that you wait six hours after your chelation infusion is over to take your supplements.
To replace trace minerals that may be removed along with toxic metals, it is essential that you supplement daily with trace minerals when receiving chelation therapy. Trace minerals are available in our supplement store.
4. Maintain a healthy lifestyle before, during and after your IV treatment. This includes a healthy diet recommended by your doctor, exercise and rest. If you have any questions, please ask your doctor.
5. You must make an appointment for IV therapy. Please call the front desk at (949) 600-5100 to make your appointment or for any cancellations or changes.
If you have any questions about chelation therapy or any of our other IV infusions, please ask the nurse or your doctor.
YOUR ECP APPOINTMENT
Before Your ECP Treatment:
1. Arrive 10–15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
2. Take all medications as ordered.
3. Eat a light meal before your visit. Do not eat or drink (except for medication) for an hour before treatment.
4. Choose clothing that is easy to change. Men should wear jockey shorts and women should wear form-fitting underwear. Wear short socks. Wear a loose, comfortable top with an open neck. We will have blankets and pillows available for your comfort.
5. You may bring music to listen to (iPod, or similar with headphones) a book or tablet to read during your treatment.
6. In order to receive the maximum benefit from ECP therapy, we recommend that you do not skip treatments or take breaks between treatments.
7. You must have an advance appointment to receive ECP therapy. Our ECP technician handles all ECP appointments. Please call 949.600.5100 for any cancellations or changes to your schedule.
YOUR 10-PASS APPOINTMENT
It is very important to be well-hydrated before receiving a 10-pass treatment. If you are not properly hydrated, blood will not flow easily through the catheter and tubing and may actually clot despite the use of heparin, a blood thinner. If you are not well hydrated you may not be able to achieve the full 10 passes of ozone. Please drink eight 16-ounce containers of water at room temperature over at least 4 hours prior to your 10-pass treatment. Additionally, make sure to drink plenty of water for several days before your treatment.
YOUR ULTRASOUND APPOINTMENT
If you have any questions, contact the medical assistants at IPM by calling (949)-600-5100.
Back, Neck and Joint Ultrasound (MSK)
Musculoskeletal ultrasound studies are done to assess the health of a joint or soft tissue associated with a joint. MSK ultrasound may also be used during an ultrasound guided injection as performed by a physician. Usually there is no prior preparation needed for an MSK ultrasound. Please follow any recommendations given to you by the doctor before your scheduled appointment time.
An abdominal ultrasound study is ordered to check the gallbladder, liver, pancreas, biliary tree, spleen or other upper abdominal structures. Please do not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours before your scheduled examination time. Small amounts of clear, non-carbonated liquids such as black coffee, apple juice, water, or jello are allowable up to 1 hour before your exam.
Pelvic or obstetrical ultrasound studies are ordered on female patients to check the pelvic area and to examine the uterus and ovaries. This study may also be ordered on males or females to look for masses in the pelvic area. A full bladder is required for this examination. Please drink at least one quart of water and have it finished at least one hour before your scheduled examination time. Do not urinate before your examination.
Abdominal and Pelvic Ultrasound
If these studies are to be done together, please do not have anything to eat for 8 hours before your scheduled examination time. A full bladder is required for this examination. Please drink at least one quart of water and have it finished at least one hour before your scheduled examination time. Do not urinate until after the pelvic ultrasound portion of your examination.
Renal ultrasound studies are ordered to check the kidneys for size, cysts, masses, or other kidney related issues. Please eat a light meal and drink plenty of fluids before your scheduled examination. You may use the restroom as necessary before your examination.
Renal and Abdominal Ultrasound
If these studies are to be done together, please do not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours before your scheduled examination time. Small amounts of clear, non-carbonated liquids such as black coffee, apple juice, water, or jello are allowable up to 1 hour before your exam.
Renal and Pelvic Ultrasound
If these studies are to be done together, a full bladder is required for the pelvic portion of the examination. Please drink at least one quart of water and have it finished at least one hour before your scheduled examination time. Do not urinate before your examination.
Thyroid, Breast, Scrotum, Other Superficial Ultrasound
Ultrasound studies for these areas do not require any special preparation before your exam.
Vascular Ultrasound and Echocardiograms
These ultrasound studies are ordered to check the health of the heart or vascular system. No preparation is necessary before your scheduled examination time.
If you have any questions about ultrasound studies at IPM, please contact a medical assistant at (949)-600-5100.
You’ll need Adobe Reader – Download it here:
If it has been over a year since your last visit, you will be required to schedule an appointment with your doctor to receive a prescription refill.