MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
New patient visits are usually scheduled for up to an hour.
Returning patient visits are scheduled for up to thirty minutes.
Please bring your insurance card and any relevant information you would like to review with your doctor, such as lab results, x-rays, physician reports and prescriptions, and any supplements you are taking.
The time we have reserved for you is valuable and we work hard to stay on schedule. Please notify us within 24 hours of you appointment if you will be unable to make it.
There is a $50 charge for scheduled appointments that are missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours advance notice.
INSURANCE INFORMATION AND PAYMENTS
While new patient visits with a medical doctor can run up to an hour, costs are not based on time. If it has been three (3) years or more since your last visit, you will be considered a new patient and charged accordingly.
M.D. consultation (comprehensive new patient visit) $350 – $395
M.D. consultation (standard return visit) $180 – $200
Payment is due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, check, Visa and MasterCard. If you request it, we will provide a superbill that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
The Institute for Progressive Medicine accepts Medicare for consultations with a medical doctor and most laboratory testing, provided your benefits are not assigned to an HMO. If you have private insurance, we will be happy to provide you with a statement you can submit to your insurance company.
For rates on other services, please contact our office at 949.600.5100.
In an effort to make care accessible to all of our patients regardless of their financial situation, we’ve partnered with Parasail to find patient‐friendly payment plans that fit their needs. Parasail is a unique lender in the field of medical loans. Unlike credit cards, Parasail has fixed interest rate loans based on your financial information, no fees.
Click below to apply.
The Institute for Progressive Medicine is a contracted provider for Medicare PPO
Please allow 7–10 business days for test results to be run and returned to our office. Some specialized testing may take up to four weeks. Once test results are received, a doctor will review your results and make recommendations. The Institute for Progressive Medicine does not fax laboratory results directly to patients. If it has been less than 2 weeks since your labs were drawn, please be patient—we will send your results as soon as they are reviewed by your
Fees And Billing
As a courtesy to our patients, we will bill your PPO insurance for in house laboratory testing ordered by an M.D. or N.D. at the Institute for Progressive Medicine even if we are not a contracted provider. Patients are responsible for any deductible or co-insurance that may be applied to laboratory services. All outside laboratory testing is payable directly to the company performing the test. Fees vary depending on specific tests ordered by your doctor.
Quality and Licensing
Our in-house medical laboratory is fully licensed by the California Department of Public Health and accredited by the Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA).
YOUR IV APPOINTMENT
Before Your IV Therapy
1. Stay hydrated before receiving any IV infusion, especially if a nurse or doctor has had difficulty accessing your veins in the past. Drink two eight-ounce glasses of water before you arrive for your IV therapy. Avoid drinks containing caffeine. Caffeine has a diuretic effect and can cause vasoconstriction, making it harder for the nurse to effectively access your vein.
2. Eat before each chelation or vitamin infusion. Chelation and vitamin drips or pushes may lower your blood sugar, which can cause stomach upset. Eating a healthy meal well before, and snacking during your treatment will eliminate problems caused by reduced blood sugar.
It is not necessary to eat before glutathione, plaquex or P-K infusions.
3. Continue to take all vitamins and prescription medications prescribed by your doctor during the course of your IV therapy. Chelation may remove some beneficial vitamins and minerals; we recommend that you wait six hours after your chelation infusion is over to take your supplements.
To replace trace minerals that may be removed along with toxic metals, it is essential that you supplement daily with trace minerals when receiving chelation therapy. Trace minerals are available in our supplement store.
4. Maintain a healthy lifestyle before, during and after your IV treatment. This includes a healthy diet recommended by your doctor, exercise and rest. If you have any questions, please ask your doctor.
5. You must make an appointment for IV therapy. Please call the front desk at (949) 600-5100 to make your appointment or for any cancellations or changes.
If you have any questions about chelation therapy or any of our other IV infusions, please ask the nurse or your doctor.
YOUR ECP APPOINTMENT
Before Your ECP Treatment:
1. Arrive 10–15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
2. Take all medications as ordered.
3. Eat a light meal before your visit. Do not eat or drink (except for medication) for an hour before treatment.
4. Choose clothing that is easy to change. Men should wear jockey shorts and women should wear form-fitting underwear. Wear short socks. Wear a loose, comfortable top with an open neck. We will have blankets and pillows available for your comfort.
5. You may bring music to listen to (iPod, or similar with headphones) a book or tablet to read during your treatment.
6. In order to receive the maximum benefit from ECP therapy, we recommend that you do not skip treatments or take breaks between treatments.
7. You must have an advance appointment to receive ECP therapy. Our ECP technician handles all ECP appointments. Please call 949.600.5100 for any cancellations or changes to your schedule.
YOUR 10-PASS APPOINTMENT
It is very important to be well-hydrated before receiving a 10-pass treatment. If you are not properly hydrated, blood will not flow easily through the catheter and tubing and may actually clot despite the use of heparin, a blood thinner. If you are not well hydrated you may not be able to achieve the full 10 passes of ozone. Please drink eight 16-ounce containers of water at room temperature over at least 4 hours prior to your 10-pass treatment. Additionally, make sure to drink plenty of water for several days before your treatment.
You’ll need Adobe Reader. If you don’t have it, you can install it for FREE by clicking the icon below:
If you are requesting a prescription refill, please do not call our office. Instead, ask your pharmacist to fax a Prescription Refill Request Form to us at 949.600.5101. Please allow a minimum of 72 hours from the time of your request for a doctor to review and return the form to your pharmacy.
If it has been over a year since your last visit, you will be required to schedule an appointment with your doctor to receive a prescription refill.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? WRITE TO US HERE.
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Select Saturdays 9:00 AM – Noon
Institute For Progressive Medicine
4 Hughes, Suite 175,
Irvine, California 92618