100% Certified Organic, non-hydrogenated and naturally saturated, Coconut Oil is one of nature’s most misunderstood foods. The same heat stable properties of natural saturation that make it the ideal cooking oil are also the source of much of the misinformation about Coconut Oil. One of the most important points to be made regarding Coconut Oil is that not all saturated fats are alike. This non-hydrogenated naturally saturated oil does not contain trans-fatty acids. Omega Nutrition Certified Organic Coconut Oil is significant plant source of lauric acid. Noted fats and lipid scientist Dr. Mary Enig PhD has stated Lauric acid may prove to be a conditionally essential saturated fatty acid, and the research to establish this fact around the world needs to be vigorously promoted. Lauric acid has been shown in various scientific studies to contain bacterial and anti-viral properties, making it especially important for immune-suppressed individuals. A form of lauric acid is found naturally in human milk and helps to keep infants from being infected by viruses and bacteria. Omega Nutrition’s Certified Organic Coconut Oil is one of nature’s most beneficial, nutritious and easily digestible culinary oils.
Benefits of Omega Nutrition Coconut Oil:
* Coconut Oil is predominantly made up of medium-chain triglycerides. (MCTs)
* MCTs are converted into energy, and do not store as fat.
* MCTs enable the body to metabolize fat efficiently.
* Coconut Oil contains beneficial lauric acid, which may be of particular benefit for immune-suppressed individuals.
* Coconut Oil is more heat stable than other plant based oils, and so does not create trans fatty acids when cooked at higher temperatures.
Omega Nutrition Coconut Oil is Easy to use:
* Use for all higher heat applications, including stir frying – Maximum temperature of 375°F/190°C.
* Excellent for baking and can be substituted for butter in most recipes.
* Try as a butter replacement, spread on toast or topped over rice.
* Use in blender drinks to add fuel and energy in the morning.
* Check out our Coconut Oil Recipes for more delicious serving ideas.