- Folate is an essential nutrient that is involved in the synthesis and metabolism of DNA and certain amino acids. It is especially important during pregnancy and infancy, but is required for proper growth and maintenance of cells throughout life.
- Adequate folate in healthful diets may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect.
- Research suggests that supplementation with folate may support cardiovascular and bone health by balancing homocysteine metabolism.
- Cooking often reduces the natural folate content of food. However, supplementation with folic acid can provide a stable, bio-available form of folate.
- Supports cardiovascular, bone, and brain health.*
- Provides an essential nutrient for all stages of life.*
- May reduce the risk of brain or spinal cord birth defects.*
- Formulated with a stable, bioavailable form of folate.
Folic Acid (5,000 mcg)
“This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness or disease. The content and recommendations contained on this website have not been reviewed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are solely the opinion of the authors. Content contained on this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never increase, reduce or discontinue any medication or treatment without first consulting your doctor.”